Here you can find the details of the classes that we offer on a regular basis. The classes will be created according to interest and on-going semester progression.
You can find the specific class information and sign-up for the classes in the specific semester Plans.
Korean Language Classes
1a (introductory 1)
Course Description: Beginner 1A is designed for those who have no (or very limited) prior knowledge of the Korean language.
Student Learning Outcomes: Students will be able to understand the principles of Hangul, the Korean writing system, read and pronounce properly. Students will also be able to say greetings in Korean and will know basic vocabularies in topics such as things, family, job, place and so on. Students will be able to introduce themselves and other in Korean.
• The themes you will learn in Beginner 1A
- Hangul (Korean writing system)
- Greetings, self introduction
- Describing location, season, weather
- Reading numbers, quantities, date, time
- Talking about what you did in the past & talking about plans
- Suggesting, making an appointment
1b (INTRODUCTORY 2)
Course Description: Beginner 1B is designed for those who know Hangul and can speak basic Korean.
Student Learning Outcomes: Students will be able to ask and answer simple personal questions in Korean. Students will be able to explain their daily routine and talk about the past and future. Students will know about the basic culture of everyday life in Korea as well.
• The themes you will learn in Beginner 1B
- Greeting, talking about recent events, hobbies, frequency
- Ordering food and talking about tastes
- Transportation & directions
- Making phone calls
- Introducing families & hometown
- Talking about travel experiences and plans
- Expressions for health & social events
2A (Beginner 1)
Student Learning Outcomes: Students will be able to have a simple communication on topics related to daily life. Also, students will be able to ask and answer frequently asked questions in places such as supermarkets and restaurants. Students will as well be able to make simple explanations about their experiences or thoughts in Korean.
• The themes you will learn in Beginner 2A
- Job, hobbies and celebrations
- House choirs, shopping and vacation plans
- Travel and visiting & good manners in a public places
- Habits & Dreams
- Describing Weather & locations
- Requesting & my dream house
2b (Beginner 2)
Student Learning Outcomes: Students will be able to communicate about general social and abstract topics such as occupation, love, education, etc. and their own interests in the specific field. Students will be able to form their opinion in complex Korean sentences.
• The themes you will learn in Beginner 2B
- Talking about recent events & life in a foreign country
- Invitation & determination
- Cultural differences
- Using public facilities, reservation and experiences
- Cooking, movie&dramas and fashion
- Personal characters & appreciation
3a (Intermediate 1)
Course Description: Intermediate 1A is designed for experienced Korean learners who can speak their own experiences or opinions relatively fluently.
Student Learning Outcomes: Students will be able to communicate relatively fluent about general social issues and abstract topics such as occupation, love, education, etc. and their interests. They will be able to speak the written language and spoken language properly. They will as well be able to understand Korean society and culture reflected in the daily life of Koreans such as cultures related to the age.
• The themes you will learn in Intermediate 1A
- Career & job
- Pop music & Leisure
- Shopping & promising
- Holidays and culture
- Request & refusal
- Personal wishes & feelings
3B (Intermediate 2)
Student Learning Outcomes: Students will be able to express their opinions and thoughts about general social issues and abstract topics such as occupation, love, education, etc. and their work. They will be able to express their opinions on various topics. They will be able to adjust the polite levels in their language depending on the listener and the situation. Also, they will be able to use the formal and informal form of language properly. Students will as well be able to understand the social and cultural characteristics of Korea and compare it with their own culture.
sejong online 1: CONVERSATION
Course Description: In this online course you will learn basic conversation with your fellow students on-line based on the textbook Sejong Korean Conversation 1.
sejong online 2:
K-Pop Dance class w camilla
Korean traditional DANCE CLASS
We are also offer various cultural classes.
- Korean traditional dancing 전통무용
- Korean Cooking Class with theme (The schedule and theme will be announced soon)
Special cultural events
We are also making Special cultural events related to Korean culture.
The events we had organized are as follow,
- Korean noodle making with Sempio’s sponsor (Oct. 2019)
- Lecture Concert with Bora Kim (Jan. 2019)
- Debate: Education system in Korea and Denmark (Dec. 2018)
- Chuseok, one of the Korean traditional holidays, event (Sep. 2018)
We are listening!
If you didn’t find the class you wanted or if you have ideas to other classes we should create let us know – take our survey!