Only administrators and board members can add new members to the database. Here is what you need to know:
KKC runs with two connected databases.
- The regular WordPress user database
- The WP Membership database
Different tasks are carried out in a specific way and on a specific database. In this faq I will go through how and where the different user editing is carried out.
Why 2 databases
There are several reasons for the setup of databases.
- first and foremost the wordpress editing and user system is not very user friendly.
- We do not want it to look 100% like a wordpress generated homepage.
- All wordpress sites are regularly exposed to malicious attacks
- A wordpress site does not signal seriousness and professionalism in its basic form.
- The WP member system give us some added features in terms of active user status management and a 2nd layer of user roles that can be administered by lower level administrators such as teacher etc. that does not necessarily have full WP administrator status.
- The login system for the member section runs on a separate user interface and doesnt expose our main database in the same way.
Adding new users
New students and members of KKC should ONLY be added to the WP Members database. They will automatically be propagated to the user database.
Editing user priviliges
Student status and user type should be edited via WP Membership plugin
Deleting a member
Deletion of members is also done through the WP members database.